Harvest Music Festival is seeking an OPERATIONS MANAGER to join its team of dedicated staff and volunteers in producing the largest, most exciting festival of its kind East of Montreal!
About Harvest Music Festival: For over 30 Septembers, Fredericton has come alive as hundreds of performers appear on dozens of stages for Harvest Music Festival, conveniently located in our City’s beautiful and historic downtown. With a musical selection spanning jazz, folk, rock, funk, Americana, and R&B, we offer something for everyone, and feature an incredible array of free and paid programming for all ages. The Festival attracts over 80,000 attendees, offers a music program to 60+ local schools during the festival (reaching over 3,000 students a year), and partners with over 20 venues throughout the City, making it the largest scale annual event in Fredericton. Harvest has a commitment to continue to present a diverse line-up that showcases local and emerging artists alongside international talent, while striving to achieve inclusivity and representation.
General: Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for the planning and coordination of Harvest Music Festival operations. The Operations Manager has primary responsibilities across the event delivery and infrastructure functions and is expected to coordinate activities in a manner consistent with the direction of the General Manager and of the Board of Directors. The Operations Manager may supervise seasonal staff including, but not limited to: Operations Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities: the Operations Manager is responsible and accountable for the following festival functions:
- Plan and oversee the logistics of the annual festival as well as other music events planned throughout the year, evaluating and reporting on results
- Implement and monitor event operational plan and timelines
- Venue, admissions, bar, and street experience logistics and infrastructure
- Coordination and oversight of labour and security
- Coordination and oversight of Safe Ride program
- Supplier and sponsor relationships; costing and procurement of required materials
- Maintenance and inventory of festival assets and property
- Facilitate Green Team festival delivery
- Other functions as assigned
You’re a great fit for this job if you:
- Have a passion for live music, arts, and culture
- Have experience in all aspects of executing large, high-profile events while managing a diverse portfolio of responsibilities (including budget management, pre-event planning, oversight of event logistics, and post-event reporting)
- Have an unmatched attention to detail, and can organize, manage time effectively, and multitask
- Are able to successfully manage multiple projects and competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Are great at identifying efficiencies and creating processes that enable us to be more effective
- Can effectively interact with a diverse community of partners and stakeholders with high energy and professionalism
- Can problem-solve, think creatively, and be solution-oriented
- Are a team-player who excels in a collaborative environment
- Have strong oral and written communications skills.
- Have excellent computer skills using Google Suite products
- Are available to work evenings and weekends, as the need arises.
If you’d like to apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Harvest Music Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM AST on January 16, 2023.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.